i need to change how i eat..

here's what i've been trying to do...

_____________________________________________________________
skipping meal is a NO-NO and i have to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours....
_____________________________________________________________
this is hard for me because i'm used to eating 3x a day....at 10am for my breakfast, 12noon for my lunch then 7 or 8pm for my dinner.....but according to the chalean extreme motivational audio.... every time your body feels hungry and you didn't eat your body stores fat..... they said that's how sumo wrestlers train to be big...they skip meals...they skip specifically breakfasts.....

so now i try to eat every 2.5 hours (3 hours the most)... but the key is small meals....so during work days  i start my meal at 10am (half apple, 1 whole wheat bread, cup of coffee) .....then i eat again at 12:30 pm, my lunch (i eat just half of my lunch and save the other half for my next meal) then i eat again at 3:00 (snack 1)....then i eat again at 5:30 (snack 2, usually half an apple).....then dinner at 6:45pm.... i try not to eat after 7.... or if i did eat after that i try to stay awake til around 11-12..... i also try not to sleep really full....


_____________________________________________________________
what i eat
_____________________________________________________________
by the way, i did mention in my previous post that i don't follow the meal plan from chalean extreme because i'm still following my scarsdale diet..... because i'm more comfortable with that meal plan..... but i may, at some point, follow the chalean meal plan from time to time....the reason why i don't want to follow it is because it takes a lot of preparation....i am so used to my scarsdale diet that i know what to eat when..... basically scarsdale diet focuses on eating protein.....which is still good..... the only carbs in my scarsdale diet is the fruits and 1 piece of whole wheat bread...... and the rest are all fish and lean meat and veggies......




_____________________________________________________________
how to suppress cravings
_____________________________________________________________

i  LOVE sweets.....that's always my downfall..... and every time i get hungry the first thing that i crave for is chocolates or cookie or from time to time i want something salty so i grab some chips..........  here's what i've been doing so far ...... i started doing this even before i started chalean extreme....

 i always keep some fruits in our office fridge or in my cubicle....... most of the time it's either apple, banana or blueberries......... but half an apple works best for me.....it makes me feel full easily..... and it kinda "rewires" my taste buds...... i also drink oolong tea around 4pm..... i noticed i don't eat as much if i drink oolong tea before dinner..... i guess its because of the after taste..... you know how you don't like eating after brushing your teeth? same thing.......... i drink it at 4pm so it wouldnt keep me awake at night......


here's another trip i read somewhere on how to curb your appetite....

drink water....the colder the better.... i read at webmd.com that it makes your body work a lil more when the water you drink is really cold..... so it's extra calories burned for you...... good thing i can't drink water unless it has ice so this really works for me.....

i'm really not a water drinker.... i like diet sodas (regular sodas too sweet for my liking) or those carbonated flavored water from walmart (sam's orange and mandarin, they're still 0 calories) but i still try to drink lots of water..... problem is i tend to forget it, so what do i do to remind me? when i start feeling i need to go to the ladies room that means it's time to drink another glass of water.....so i drink a glass of water and then go to the loo..... usually i would need to go to the ladies room again after an hour......which means i drink water every hour while i'm at work....


plants..... i mean vegetables....for me this is the easiest because my meal always has meat plus either ginisang cabbage (sauted cabbage) or ginisang bokchoy (sauted bokchoy).... and sometimes that's how i split my lunch....i eat my meat at 12 or 12:30 then i'll eat my veggies at 2:30 or 3:00.....

soup...they say to get those organic chicken soup or house brand soup from trader joe's ...... i haven't tried any of those brands but i must admit soup does actually makes sense.....soup has lots of liquid so it does make me feel full...... by the way, whenever i'm in the mood for soup i try to stay away from creamy soups (like those clam chowder, etc)..... i usually go for minestrone or sometimes i'll make myself soup using just the knorr pansigang....just add water...yummy!


pickles... or eat  organice pickles (also available at trader joe's)......according to that site, where this came from, 1 jar of pickles contain just 50 calories so it curbs your appetite with just less calories....

apples.... i can't agree more..... i wasn't surprise to see that in the list....i tried to eat a banana to curb my appetite but it doesn't hold well.....i'll be hungry again and would be craving for something sweet in an hour......so for me apples work best....oh! and grapes too.....

by the way, here's where i read that from: http://www.naturalnews.com/003550.html


_____________________________________________________________
final note
_____________________________________________________________
i'm not saying i have finally tamed my sweet tooth, i still can't..... but i'm still trying....
i am just sharing the things that i have read/researched and have been doing so far....
i have a very bad case of sweet tooth that's why i'm forever on a look out on how to curb my cravings...... hopefully someday i'll perfect it....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment