running for the wedding...

i started running again... i try to atleast run 3 miles every other day (or 4.8 km)....i'm aware that i dont lose too much weight when i run but i like the feeling i get after running.... i think i know why some people get addicted to running...

wait..

i take that back, i do lose some weight...but very minimal compared to my scarsdale diet that i usually lose 3lbs/week... i do lose weight when running but very minimal....

according to my nike plus i lose 300 cal when i ran for 3miles...which means 900 cal for a week if i run 3x/week or 3,600 cal for the whole month if i run 3x/week for a month ...which also mean a sure weight loss of 1lb every month....

3,600 = 1lb

and if i behaved and i have my discipline in place i would be able to go back to my target weight on my wedding....ahhh! that's a nice thought...

oh! oh! plus running speeds up your metabolism and that's good too.....that means i can eat more desserts and burn it fast, lol

anyway, now, my problem is how do i motivate myself to continuously do this? i'm ningas kugon most of the time.... but so far here's what works for me:

1. my playlist...i like music, a lot.... and i look forward to running so i could hear my recent mp3 downloads on my ipod shuffle....

2. i like the feeling of being all sweaty and hingaly (hehe, i was being cute, i know it doesnt work, lol, anyway, what i really meant is "out of breath") after my run.... makes me feel like i lost 10lbs already.....

3. i like that part when im about to sync my nikeplus to my nikeplus account online and having my run posted automatically on my twitter account and facebook (although it doesnt post on my twitter anymore and the facebook post is kinda flaky)

4. i like the trail i'm running on....i love the trees and watching people play baseball.....


reasons why i get so lazy:

1. i hate changing..i wish i can run with what im already wearing at work but ofcourse i cant....

2. the first few miles are the hardest because my knee and legs feels like they want to give up right away.... (i usually just ignore this so i could continue)

3. when it's too hot out

4. when it's too cold out

(i should have a solution for #3 and #4 and that's to do treadmill instead...problem is treadmill bores me)


i guess that's it.....if i'll be able to address the stuff that makes me lazy maybe i'll be able to continue this for the next 6 months, atleast...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment